Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Friday, May 28, 2010

For the past week I've been in research lab cuz there's actually no more lessons for me to attend this term. Research has been well so far, FINALLY!...after so much confusion in trying to get me started with my project. =)

When I first started going to lab, I felt so lost. I wasn't given clear instructions as to what was expected of my work etc. If you're not a Chemistry student, you perhaps might not know the difference between an undergraduate teaching lab and a research lab.

So anyway, the research lab is so much more messy and dangerous-looking as compared to the teaching lab. It looks as if there'd been mad scientistSss working on some experiemnt using complicated setups & equipment. I've seen the research lab in NTU before so it's not that shocking to me when I started to work here. The point is! I was so unfamiliar with things I had to spend long time searching for apparatus and chemicals. NTU is definitely more organised...and NEW!

It's been one week though and I'm doing fine, I guess. =D The thought of doing Final Year Project instead of Industrial Attachment did cross my mind while I was working in the resarch lab. Hmm.. still too early to tell if I'm really suitable for that or not.


It is now exam period in school and every single soul seemed to be immensely busy with exam preparations except me (cuz' I had majority of my papers last term, when I was stress like shit. Still waiting for results which will only be released on 29/6. WTS. Pls lemme pass man...)

The more slack I am now, the more I feel out-of-place. My daily routine for the past 1-2 weeks after the Easter hols have been: sleeping till late, go lab do research, come back cook dinner, chase drama serials (direct translation from Mandarin)till late. I ought to be shot!

By right,I am not exactly THAT free cuz' I still have an exam to take on June 15! Polymer Chemistry and I haven't started reading a single bit! I skipped alot of the lecture due to exams last term cuz this is Year 2 module while I'm taking Year 3 modules last term. Aiyah. it's complicated.

Anyway, I'm going to Oxford tomorrow! I'm not gonna wait anymore. Everyone has different schedule or has been to different places. Just my luck. I'll go there alone then, cuz I really wanna see the place/ university. =)

Hope the weather will be good~

Last week when I went to London for Carmen, I thought I've teleported back to Singapore. Felt so warm even though it was only around 26degrees celcius & I was sweating in my room! Seriously can't imagine stepping out of the Changi airport basement carpark (to fetch my father's car probably) which would totally have me baked alive as if in an oven!

The news had reported, though, that last weekend was sort of like the hottest days for the whole year in UK and it was gonna get colder subsequently. True enough, these few days had been cool and windy again. ME LIKE IT~

Ok. Gonna sleep already. Nitez. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment