Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Friday, June 11, 2010

ICE CREAM IS MY GREATEST SIN!








Many of my friends and relatives have been commenting that I've become fat. LOL!



YES I HAVE.



BUT, I still dunno how much weight I have gained cuz I haven got the chance to weigh myself yet. Hopefully I wont give myself the shock of my life by hitting the number 5...(50kg) just within 6 months!


I find it so hard to curb my diet especially when ice cream is so cheap here. Just as I'm typing this entry, I'm having this whole tub of B&J's to myself! A 500ml tub only for 2.50pounds (~.5.20SGD) on promo!


The other day I also bought Magnum Almond ice-cream which was even more ridiculously cheap! 3 in a pack for just 99p! (~2.10SGD) WTH!



Actually come to think of it... TESCO is my life saviour... or rather every student's.

You can get all kinds of food there at low prices. Definitely made this 6 months of living in UK much easier and comfortable. Eating well. Over-nutrition.


If you were to compare the cost of living between Singapore and the UK, or at least England. Here's is much more affordable.


Say if an Englishman earns an average of over 2000+ pounds per month (according to my british friend, they do), which is comparatively the same as the amount Singaporeans could earn on avg per month in SGD, one could actually spend lesser on food, nice clothings and entertainment here as compared to in Singapore.



For example, some of the most ridiculously cheap buys one could find in TESCO:


15 eggs for 1.49pounds
7 chicken drumsticks for 1.53pounds
One big bag of mushrooms for 89pence

etc etc...



Nice clothings from NewLook/Topshop for maybe around 25pounds+ is considered reasonable (according to British friend)... whereas in Singapore you have to pay so much more for similar brands in SGD. I'm not considering the conversion rate if you get what I mean.



Ok, the whole idea is to bring out the high cost of living in Singapore and how I envy the ppl living here. It's quite a pointless post...getting nowhere... but it's my thoughts on my blog afterall.


HAHA. hmm....ice-cream overdose... Ciao~





No comments:

Post a Comment