Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

11/02/2010 - LOVE from Singapore!

Weather: Grey skies yet it wasn't super cold.

Mood: Peaceful, loved.




Finished lessons at 3pm and I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and other miscellaneous stuffs. The amount of walking involved is such a chore, as usual.

Ran into my neighbour David on the corridor when I came back after lessons and he handed me a few letters. Apparently there's this communal letter box at the last block of the residence where it receives mails for the different floors. (this photo was taken later on when I went to check my letterbox Haha)

One thing that puzzled me was that each letter box compartment is accessible by every resident on the same floor example Room F49 - 63. When you open the letter box, you have to find your own mails with your name on it, and at the same time you can see many other hallmate's mail which says confidential, mostly are from banks. Isn't it dangerous? I think it's based on trust and integrity that each one doesn't peep or take the mail of the others. Wonder if it'll work fine in Singapore.






Oh anyway! The main thing is! I've got mail!!!

My parents have sent me a parcel for the CNY and it actually arrived last week!!!! Just that I didnt know that the communal letter box exits and so I wasn't notified to go collect my parcel from the student post room until today!!

At first when I went to the post room, I still had no idea that it was this parcel from my parents cuz I thought it wouldnt arrive so soon. I thought it was the atm card from Natwest. So when the post office staff took out this large box from the room, I was kind of surprise and elated!


It was just so heartwarming to see the word SINGAPORE Post on the box. =)










I'm not gonna reveal what's in the parcel. LOL! But whatever is in there is sure to have relieved my slight bit of homesickness. Hehe.


I feel so blessed with loving parents. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment