Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

14/02/2010 - 新年快乐!情人节快乐!

!!新年快乐 !!!情人节快乐!!




I finally received my first helium balloon gift from my sweet valentine!!! Hahha! I love helium balloons! Don't worry BF, the gift is actually from a girl, we were playing angel & mortal game with a gift exchange. Hehe.

It's Lunar New Year & Valentine's Day! I just came back to residence from a chinese new year dinner with the Singapore Society at a chinese restaurant in Birmingham. Have also skyped with my parents, cousins and relatives in Msia since it's now daytime over there. They're eating good food!! LOL! stop tagging me on the foodies when I'm not there!


Well, these few days my friends and relatives have been asking me how's the cny mood over here in the UK. Well, there's not much of a festive mood here actually, unless u go to chinatown since angmohs don't celebrate it. So the 气氛 here definitely can't be compared to Singapore's!


In fact! These few days felt very normal to me. I go to school, eat, play like any other normal days. It's not like in SG where u will go shop for new year goodies, house visiting, play with firecrackers in msia etc. Well I still do shop for new clothings though. CNY has always been a good excuse to use for shopping. =X

But nevertheless, I'm glad that we aren't deprived of the chance to celebrate this important festival in Chinese tradition. The venue of our cny dinner was surprisngly nicely decorated with a strong cny feel.


The MCs for the night.. funny guys..




Welcome pack containing one bite-size bah-kwa and 3 pineapple tarts. LOL!



Starters: Seafood soup



I can't be bothered to take pics of the following dishes cuz I was too busy eating. Haha. The food was not bad at all and it was quite worth the money. 16pounds for a 10 course meal! =D


The programme included Lion Dance too! Shocking! hahah... Ever seen a lion dance troupe with angmoh members? =DDD


Now you've seen it...




Table photo!








Photo-taking sessions towards the end of the programme/ dinner... SMILES!







This is the restaurant.


It was a good night afterall, minus the horrible bus ride that makes me think of the song:


"you spin my head right round right round..."


But sad to say I think I've catch a cold cuz I didn't dry my hair entirely after shower and went outside earlier on when it was chilly and windy. =X

No comments:

Post a Comment