Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Monday, February 15, 2010

15/02/2010

Weather: Normal chilly day.
Feeling: Sleepy, blank.

It's half past seven now! I still haven't had dinner yet. Apparently some students are having a gathering and it's crowded in the kitchen so I'm waiting for my turn to use it.

Had only one organic chem revision seminar today. Most of the courses have completed their lectures for this term. So damn fast right? In just less than 2 months and I'll be having the exams in 1st 2 weeks of March. Super not used to the system here.

Did I say before that the notes are useless and we have to heavily depend on textbook and self reading? Hm. I guess the local brits are used to it already. I feel that somehow in comparison to the Chemistry course structure in Singapore, each module here in warwick covers less indepth (or at least I THOUGHT it was) but the course generally explore MORE areas of chemistry. Unlike Singapore's which boring-ly covered major modules like organic, inorganic,physical,biological chemistry, that seemed so general. (if u get what I mean)

Anyway, something amusing happened today. The organic lecturer used a visualizer to draw some structures and mechanism and it's amusing that he said he "discovered" it (the visualizer) few days ago and so he used it. And he even played by turning the lens towards the LT such that our image was captured onto the screen. 0.0 But well, the lecturer is a really nice guy though.

Back in Singapore the visualizer is like a everyday equipment that professors use in teaching, so I'm really surprised by how IT-independent the university here is. Haha. I mentioned before that they uses chalk and blackboard in classes here right? :D

I'm hungry!! Shall go check out the kitchen's availability now...

No comments:

Post a Comment