Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter trip Day 14 & 15 - Salzburg, Austria

Salzburg is a mere 1.5 hours train ride away from Munich. I had no idea and no expectations of how Salzburg would look like. The only thing I've heard about this city is that Sound of Music was filmed here and I actually remembered only a small part of that movie.

Upon arrival at the Salzburg hofbahnof (central station), the scenic view of the alps overlooking the city already made my day! 

For the two days that we were in Salzburg, the weather had been good. Sunny with a tinge of warmth and not too cold or windy like the past few days in Munich.
 
We checked into Yoho hostel, 6men room with ensuite toilet. It was a real pleasant stay as the room was big ad nice with huge security lockers and clean bathroom and toilet. =D

1st day we went to explore the city centre which wasn't really that big but I really love the laid-back towny feel of Salzburg. Justin and I visited the Mozart birthplace and Mozart residence. 

One thing about Salzburg is that they are commercializing too much on Mozart for tourism, just because Mozart is born and raised there. But nevertheless, the Mozartkugel is a very nice salzburger chocolate!!!

We climbed up to the Salzburg fotress on the 2nd day, it was really tiring to take the steep slope. Also saw the catacomb, which is a beautiful graveyard, no idea what's the history behind it though =X

The weather was so nice we had our lunch by the river bank, where u can see lots of angmohs taking off their clothes to sun tan in whichever patch of grass the sunlight shone onto. IN THE CItY CENTRE! LOL.

Last night on Salzburg, we went up to the terrace bar on Hotel Stein to grab a drink and enjoy the night view of Salzburg. 

I really appreciate the serenity of this special city. It has served as a great pitstop for our Easter trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment