Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter trip Day 29 - Nice, France

Voila!!!

We're finally in NICE after a 9 hours train ride from Rome this afternoon. It was an impromptu decision to come to NICE since most alternative flights out of Rome were cancelled.

Fortunately the train running at the time we took the train was eurostar Tren Italia, and it was really a comfy ride. The seats were spacious and looks new. CS and I occupied the entire table seats and had our lunch on board the train. Chinese food and Macdonald's!

I've always wanted to visit Nice but it is located all the way south of France and not really on the way to incorporate into this Easter trip plans.

Since we are kinda left with no choice due to the volcanic ash disruption, it might be a good chance for us to explore the French Riviera!

This is the first time I'm travelling without any plans in advance! So exciting! Yet I still feel damn sore that I can't go back to UK on time and we have to give Lisbon a miss. =(

CS & I have just met up with Denz and Jus to discuss our plans for the following days a little. They're currently staying at an apartment quite a distance away from our hostel.

Experiencing mixed feelings seeing them once again in Nice when we thought that Rome would be our last stop travelling together. Even though I'm really happy for this reunion, but it also means that our initial travel plans have been screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment