Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter trip Day 13 - Munich, Germany

It's our last day in Munich today and
we visited the Dachau concentration camp memorial site. It was a super cold  and windy day, almost snowing flakes, and there was a gloomy atmos phere looming over the concentration camp.

We first watched a documentary about the history of the camp and then looked at the exhibitions and the various areas of the concentration camp. 

It makes me feel sad and also hard to believe that wherever we stood was the actual site where massive deaths and brutality had occured in the past. So many people worked to death / were killed in the camp. All these war shit always remind me of the Japanese occupation and made me so emotional. Where the hell is humanity. Damn.

Ok anyway, we visited the BMW showroom (local production) and the
Olympiapark which houses the 1972 Olympic stadium. It looked quite old and dirty, not very marvellous but then again, back in those days it could have been quite an impressive architecture. BMWs are everywhere on the road man!

Last night in Germany! We just had to stuff ourselves with more pork knuckles, wurtz and drown ourselves in beer cuz I'm so sure I'm gonna miss it after tonight. 

We went to Hofbrahaus which was the first biergarten in Munich. It was amazing! From the moment we stepped in, we could sense the strong German feel, men drinking beer in their traditional costume (which I don't know why, probably some festival going on), beer ladies in their costume walking around serving beer and pretzels. A small band playing traditional folk music and huge mugs of beer on the table. 

We ate and drank to our hearts content, ending the visit to Munich on a high note. Surprisingly the bill wasn't really expensive considering the amount of food that we ordered. 

Good food makes me happy. I'm so gonna miss the pork knucles!  

No comments:

Post a Comment