Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter trip Day 26 - Rome, Italy

Magnificient Colosseum!

We walked so much today my boots are really on the verge of giving way. I really hope it'll last me another two days till I get back in Warwick before I change to another pair of shoes to go on the 2nd part of the Europe trip.

Today's weather was clear and not too windy. The morning was slightly cold but the temperature increased to a relatively nice degree later the day and it was a good day to sight see around the city ad take photos.

After watching Angels and Demons last night, we mapped out the route taken in the movie where they searched for the stolen canister and went around to see the sites where some of the movie scene was filmed, such as St Peter's square and the panthione.

We finally saw the ancient Roman ruins and the colosseum!

The colosseum was much more massive than I expected. Probably we might pay the fee to enter the colosseum for a sight-see tomorrow, we'll see how.

Korean Bibimbap was for dinner and it was really delicious and authenic. I was so full by the end of the meal, that's what makes the lodging fee at the Korean guesthouse so worth it.

We bought chips and beer, wanting to enjoy while watching the Da Vinci Code but it was a disappointment in the end cuz the movie had no subtitles. No point watching it since we couldn't hear the speech loud and clear enough either as we were playing the movie from the laptop.

Sleep then. Tomorrow is the last full day in Rome, and also with the guys. Afterwhich, Justin, Denzyl and Sean will be heading back to Edinburgh while CS and I continue to embark on the 2nd part of our journey. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment