Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter trip Day 27 - Rome, Italy

4th day in Rome and we've almost seen it all by now.

These few days staying at Korean Guesthouse has been a nice experience but on the contrary, rather tiring. This is because we have to wake up at 7am every morning to have our breakfast, according to their culture/pratice and waking up early is always a torture to me.
 
Breakfast is always rice with many different kinds of veg, kimchi and sometimes soup. They have the habit of brushing teeth/ washing up only after the meal. I tried to follow suit and found myself eating while only half awake most of the time, lol!     

I'm really happy to be able to experience the Korean way of life and hearing them speak to each other makes me wanna learn korean well even more than ever. If only I could understand everything they were talking about.

Anyway, we went for the Rome free tour today but sneaked off half way cuz the guide sucks! We definitely would not want to tip for such a lousy tour, much less waste our time following them around.

We went to the colosseum to check out the entry fee but decided not to enter because it wasn't worth the price. I'm already satisfied just admiring it from the outside and taking lots of photos for keepsake!!!

We had so much free time on hand so we bought snacks and drinks and sat in front of the colosseum to chill. Can't believe all my life I've been seeing pics of colosseum online and today I had the chance of being there by it. It's really amazing how this structure manage to survive 2000 years since the Roman period. More amazigly how they were able to build such a magnificient building.

I wonder how many more years will it stand strong. Hmm...







We've just received news that the volcanic eruption in Iceland has caused massive volcanic ashes to be blown over the UK and the air traffic is severely disrupted!

We're scheduled to fly back from Rome to UK tml and currently denz's & juz's morning flight to Edinburgh has been cancelled. I'm getting real worried that our flight to london will be affected too, which is most likely the case. =(

Now we just have gotta wait for the online news update for tml's evenig flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment