Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter trip Day 32 - Cannes, France.

Cannes!, yet another beautiful coast.

I woke up rather late this morning as I was feeling rather moody and tired. Luckily CS was nice and he went to the train station to buy our reservation tix first in the morning. We shifted room for the 2nd time in Hotel (hostel) Pastoral, this time into the 8ppl dorm where Justin and Denzyl are staying.

Had our lunch together at Mi-am, a restaurant which sells tasty Chinese food at reasonable price. I've been having it everyday for the past few days that I'm here.

We took a bus to visit Cannes, which is supposedly nearby, also in the French Riviera. But..... The journey took us a friggin near 2 hrs' of bus ride! Much longer than we've expected!

We arrived and walked around aimlessly cuz we did not research on what to do in Cannes. Eventually found our way to the Tourist information centre and got a map of thr city centre. Apparently, the stretch of beach was way too long we couldn't possibly have time to walk the entire length as it was getting late. 

We strolled abit along the beach and saw the panoramic view from a hill. Cannes is in fact quite similar to Nice, except that it has nicer sandy beach while Nice's beach is rocky. 

Cannes is similar to Monaco in the sense that you will be able to find many branded boutiques just along the coast. Meaning u just have to cross a road from the beach and voilĂ ! You see LV, Chanel, D&G etc!

Cannes is perhaps most well known for it's film festival in May but perhaps that's about it. I still prefer Nice to Cannes though in fact, both are really similar. I guess these are what coastal cities in the south of France have to offer. =)

Anyway, today is officially 1 month since I left Warwick to tour Europe for the Easter holiday. Couldn't go back to UK for a pitstop due to flight cancellations affected by the damn volcanic ashes from Iceland. Therefore, I'm still on the go! Travellig directly to Spain next. 

Well, even though I get to do my laudry occasionally in the hostels, I'm getting super sick of wearing the same clothes over and over again for 1 month now! Gosh! I seriously need some retail therapy SOON! 

No comments:

Post a Comment