Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Trip Day 18 - Vienna, Austria

Today's weather is finally much better! Super sunny but still tortured by the merciless strong wind!

We had breakfast at a small local cafe  with some simple meal of burgers, frankfurters and apple strudel. It's hard to find true Austrian food here in Austria. In fact, I don't think there's such local dishes as most of their food simply followed the German style.

We went to the Schönbrunn Palace, which was once the imperial summer residence for Queen Maria Teresa. The palace also houses the Vienna zoo, various gardens and is now preserved as one of the national heritage site by the UNESCO.

We paid for the entry to the gloriette and took lots of photos in the beautiful garden. I love the greens and the water in the pond!

After visiting the palace, we went back to the city centre foe lunch. I was so hungry that I ate a plate of Spanish rice with fried fish (very stingy portion), one piece chicken from KFC and one chocolate sundae from Mac.

We were too tired after lunch so we went back to rest and wash up in the hostel. The guys cooked us spicy Korean instant noodles for dinner! Cheap and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment