Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

09/03/2010

MY FIRST EXAM IN ENGLAND!


Yes, I just had Bio-inorganic Chem paper today and I'm glad my suffering has ended. Well, not entirely cuz there's still 3 more to go this term, but because that's the module which I dreaded most so I'm really happy that it's over and done with.

I think it kinda suck cuz I went in with the mentality that I just need to scrape through a pass. In the end I wasn't confident with alot of the questions so hopefully I can pass. If not? Haha. Don't think about it.

The examination venue was at Westwood Science Building. I managed to find my way there after asking for directions, cuz I've never explored that part of the campus before! Haha. I was quite surprised with the exam settings. It's so informal as compared to NTU's. We only got to know our seat number after we entered the exam hall.

You know how in NTU they always tell us NOT to write our names on the exam script right? But here they have this area at the top right hand corner of the front page where u write your name then there's some sticky part for you to fold that edge and seal your name. So funny, what's the purpose of that? Might as well just make do with our student ID number right? Shrugs.

The exam is a 1.5hr paper and the format is quite different from NTU. Almost all modules adopt the 3 question choose 2 type of format and although the number of parts is few, the weightage is high. And the thing is for each exam, it's actually a 3 hr paper separated in 2 section. And what I mean by section is different modules! So let's say a 3 hr exam may consist of organic chem and polymer chem paper. So u have to juggle 2 modules within that 3 hrs. And if you do not take either of the mod, you have to leave by the end of 1.5hours. So taxing for the students to switch between 2 different modules within one exam yeah? Although I have to admit NTU paper has more questions in an exam, if u get what I mean. Each has its pros and cons. Which do u prefer?


Hmm anyway, I had a great dinner tonight cuz I cooked tom yam soup!! and invited 2 of my exchange friends over for the meal. I had an enjoyable time catching up with them since I havent got the time to hang out with them recently. As usual, I just don't have the mood to study at all after an exam day, so ended up slacking all night I'm so sure I'm gonna regret it tomorrow since for being so ill-prepared for friday's paper.




I took this picture the other day. I was studying in the room and all of a sudden heard some constant ringing of this cute music. The sound goes on and off, on and off. I tried peering out of my window but couldnt identify the source. The 1st thing which came to my mind was the rubbish collector truck which is common in Japan and Taiwan. I actually thought some rubbish truck was going around to clear the chutes but when I look again..



WALLS ICE CREAM VAN!






Although the weather is still quite chilly, you can actually see quite alot of people queing to buy ice cream.

This is new. Haha.

Must be the changing of season to spring now, cuz it didnt come during winter, like duh....

1 comment:

  1. wow hf. thats news. so happy for u that inorg is over and the paper after that was a breeze! must tell me more when you're back. =D jiayou for whatever papers u have left! =D

    ReplyDelete