Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Monday, March 1, 2010

01/03/2010 - Prof Leung's visit!

Weather: Super sunny, feeling the warmth admist the cold.
Mood: Tired, not looking forward to pass the day.


I slept at 5am last night(because I was online shopping! where did my self-discipline go?) but woke up at 9am this morning to receive Prof Leung at 10am.

Yes! Prof Leung from NTU CBC. He had come to uk for some academic purpose I guess and on the way visited us. He had been to Edinburgh (met up with Denz and Juz), York and Warwick was the last stop.

I was supposed to meet him at the Scarman House at 10am, but being new to that area of the campus, I stupidly waited for him at WBS on Scarman Road. Lack of sleep, couldnt think clearly. I realised something was amissed at around 10.10am because the Prof couldnt have been late without texting me or something. So I found out that Scarman House was actually acorss the road and I literally chionged over. Scarman House is beautiful. Apparently it's like a hotel/resort kind of building to accomodate visitors. Maybe only VIP, not sure.

Prof Leung is such a nice person! Nicer than I expected. He has taught us for one module last semester, but I didnt have a chance to interact with him in person till today. He wasn't upset for my late arrival at all and had been so chatty from the beginning of the meeting till the end, that I didn't feel a tinge of awkwardness at all!

He bought me breakfast (a tradition of CBC he said, LOL) at the Cafe Library and sat down to chat. He was very concerned about how I was settling down and adapting to life here, whether I had any complaints or problems that I needed him to know. But I could gladly tell him I'm doing fine over here and I'm loving this exchange. Haha. We chatted about my easter trip plans and he told me about his backpacking experience when he was younger. So 和蔼可亲!


Anyway, I'm so pissed that I've food missing from my fridge yet again! 1 pak choi and 1 broccoli. Seriously think it's that cheapo ah tiong who took it. I dont see the brits having these kinda veg as often. -.-

I'll poison my food tonight.

I'm just kidding. Shall reconsider tt again only if I can get hold of the poison in the 1st place.

No comments:

Post a Comment