Hello friends, welcome to my new blog. Here, I'll update about all that is happening in my life in the UK. Do follow up and keep in contact with me!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter Trip Day 3 & 4 - Glasgow, Scotland

I finally got to watch Avatar! It's indeed super awesome!!!

And we watched Shutter Island yesterday too, here in the 18-storey cineworld in glasgow!

I know Avatar is such a last December 'thing' but I'm really so pleased because I haven watched movie for 2 months since I came to the UK, while I used to watch it so often back in SG.

It's not really that expensive for a student priced ticket. Student non-3D tix is about £5 while the 3D Avatar show costs me £7.10 including the 80p for purchase of the 3D glasses. Yeah we have to buy our own glasses but get to keep it for future use, so I treat it as a souvenir! Lol!

CS and I watced Shutter Island together last night and it was quite a mind twisting show.. Kinda messed up my neuro for the 2 hrs. Overall I liked the show but dun really fancy the ending which gives me the creeps. Haha. Highly recommend though. =D
CS watched avatar before back in sg so I didn't force him to watch it with me again. I went to the film on my own while he caught Alice in the Wonderland 3D. Good thing is that both films start and end around the similar timing so we could compliment each other's timing well.

DID I MENTION THAT ALL MOVIES ARE FREE SEATING?!?!!

So It's actually first cone first serve, choose ur own seats policy, without any preallocation. So cool right! I was surprised when I learnt about it from the ticketing staff, but happy about it too!

Anyway, these 2 days in Glasgow, we walked really ALOT and my legs are hurting quite abit. The main attractions in the city centre are all within walkable distance which gives us no motivation to take public transport like buses or subway. We visited the University of Glasgow, Kelvin grove arts gallery, transport museum and the shopping district Buchanan street, sauchiehall street etc. We found this vintge shop selling second hand goods dated as far back to the 50s! Super love!

Hmm.. I think Glasgow has lesser historical value as compared to York. It is morr of a commercial central, great for retail therapy though. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment